Kite-Surfing Costa Rica January 25th-January 29th 2021
Costa Rica 2021
Who: Erik Dworsky
What: A unique medical kitesurfing conference
When: January 25th-January 29th 2021
Where: Costa Rica
Why: Why not!?
- Email Conference Coordinator, Erik Dworsky to reserve your spot [email protected]
- Pay your SMA dues (only members are allowed on SMA trips)
- Pay your SMA conference fees (fees go to supporting local outreach in communities where we surf)
- Book your own travel
- Book your travel insurance
Conference Fee: $175
Welcome one and all to the inaugural SMA Medical Conference to Bahía Salinas, Costa Rica! Wait you say, “January may be the only month that Costa Rica doesn’t have pumping surf!” True, but we are going for the wind. This is a kiteboarding trip and Bahía Salinas is the sixth windiest place on Earth!
The conference will be comprised of:
- Educational lectures by experts in various fields
- Outreach to the local community
- Spanish language education
- 20-30+ MPH winds from sunup to sundown
Lessons are available for all levels.
Continuing Medical Education credit is an option based on planned attendance.
Confirmed conference lectures:
- Kiting and Surfing After Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
- Marine Envenomations